Data Controller: Morgan Clark Ltd, Brackla House, Brackla St, Bridgend, CF31 1BZ
Contact for queries: Tony Clark
What is the purpose of a Privacy Notice?
This Privacy Notice explains how Morgan Clark looks after your personal data when we provide our services, in accordance with applicable legislation intended to protect your personal data and privacy, including the General Data Protection Regulation rules. By providing your personal data you acknowledge that we will only use it in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
How we will use the information you give us.
We will use your information on the basis that it is necessary to administer your insurance claim under the contract between us and you. Where we need to pass information to other parties, it will only be for that purpose. These parties will be insurers, loss adjusters and specialists such as surveyors, restoration experts and building contractors.
At the conclusion of your claim we will share your name and contact details with an external agency called Feefo who will invite you to provide a review of our services, if you choose, but you can opt out of providing a review. This is for the purpose of market research on the basis of legitimate interest.
At the conclusion of your claim we will also share your information with our external data storage supplier who will retain our archive files for a period of 6 years. This is for the purpose of regulatory requirements and to satisfy Subject Access Requests.
We will only market to you with your consent or because we have a legitimate interest to do so. You may object to this at any time. We will not use your information for any marketing purposes other than for our loss assessing services. We will not pass your information to any other third party for the purpose of marketing.
If we need to obtain information which is by nature sensitive, for example criminal convictions, we will only do so for the purpose of administering your insurance claim. We will be able to do so using the legal basis of Substantial Public Interest. This is because access to insurance is deemed as being in the Public Interest.
We will not transfer any information to a country outside the EU.
We will use your personal data lawfully and in a transparent way and collect it only for the valid purposes we have told you about. We will keep it secure and confidential and only for as long as is necessary.
What type of personal information do we need?
- We will need personal details which might also include details of members of your family, and include names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, IP addresses, dates of birth and occupations. We will also require bank account details to process payments to you.
- We will only collect what is necessary for the purpose of managing your claim and will only keep it for as long as we are required to do in line with our data retention policy. You can ask us for a copy.
What other types of information do we need?
- Under certain circumstances we may also need details of criminal convictions and details of previous insurance claims. We may also require details of whether you have had County Court Judgements or been made bankrupt.
- We will only collect what is necessary and protect it with appropriate security measures.
How do we obtain your information?
- We may gather it from information you submit to our website, by telephone, face to face or by email. We may receive it from insurers, insurance brokers, loss adjusters and other firms handling claims. We may also obtain it from public resources such as Land Registry and Companies House.
How do we ensure the safety of your personal data?
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way. Also we limit access to your personal data to those employees, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to use your data in enabling us to provide our services. They will only process your data on our instructions and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
What are my legal rights?
- You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner at ico.org.uk, Tel 0303 123 11132.
- You can obtain a copy of your personal information from us without charge by contacting us at the address above. This may include the right to transfer information to other
- You have the right to ask us to correct information.
- You have the right to ask us to delete your information or stop using it, unless it is necessary for us to retain it for regulatory compliance or legal purposes.
If you have any questions about Morgan Clark’s data policy you can write to Data Protection, Morgan Clark, Brackla House, Brackla Street, Bridgend, CF31 1BZ or email us at email@example.com.