In many cases, particularly with complicated or larger insurance
claims, the insurance company will appoint a Loss Adjuster to review the
circumstances that have led to a claim being made. It is the Loss Adjuster’s
role to scrutinise the insurance policy in place and rule if they believe the
insurance company should or should not pay the claim.
With this in mind, it is imperative that the policyholder
(you) gives the Loss Adjuster no reason to recommend that the insurer doesn’t
pay for damages. As the UK’s leading Loss Assessors, we recommend a number of
steps to members of the public when they need to make an insurance claim:
- Ensure your building is safe, for example; does the electricity need to be switched off? Do windows and doors need to be boarded up? Once the property is safe, do not touch anything else until the Loss Adjuster has been to inspect the damage. If you move things or try to clean your property, the Loss Adjuster might miss a crucial element that you want to claim for.
- Read your insurance policy documents to familiarise yourself with any clauses and know the answers to questions the Adjuster might ask you during your meeting.
- Take photographs. Evidence is essential to prove your case to the Loss Adjuster throughout an insurance claim. You might put in a claim for an expensive television for example. If the reason for its cost is that it is a certain brand or a particularly high specification, your insurer might well want to see proof of this.
- If you have receipts for items, these can be very helpful to show the Loss Adjuster as it not only shows the true value of an item, but also the date when you made your purchase.
There are many more recommendations we would make according
to the personal circumstances of individual claims. If you would like one of
our independent claim experts to talk through your claim and answer any
questions you have, please feel free to call us for free, no obligation advice.
How can we help?
- Single point of contact.
As our client, you will never have to go through a call centre. You will have the direct contact details of your Morgan Clark Loss Assessor and their assistant.
- Resolve your claim as quickly as possible.
With a coordinated team led by your Morgan Clark Loss Assessor, your claim will run smoothly and efficiently and you will receive the settlement you are owed.
- Significant reduction in stress.
It is easy to underestimate the time and energy that goes into running a claim. Having an expert guide you through the process will reduce this stress and allow you to focus on
your day to day life.