How to ensure you are being equally represented
In many cases, particularly with complicated or larger insurance claims, the insurance company will appoint a Loss Adjuster to review the circumstances that have led to a claim being made. It is the Loss Adjuster’s role to scrutinise the insurance policy in place and rule if they believe the insurance company should or should not pay the claim.
With this in mind, it is imperative that the policyholder (you) gives the Loss Adjuster no reason to recommend that the insurer doesn’t pay for damages. As the UK’s leading Loss Assessors, we recommend a number of steps to members of the public when they need to make an insurance claim:
- Ensure your building is safe, for example; does the electricity need to be switched off? Do windows and doors need to be boarded up? Once the property is safe, do not touch anything else until the Loss Adjuster has been to inspect the damage. If you move things or try to clean your property, the Loss Adjuster might miss a crucial element that you want to claim for.
- Read your insurance policy documents to familiarise yourself with any clauses and know the answers to questions the Adjuster might ask you during your meeting.
- Take photographs. Evidence is essential to prove your case to the Loss Adjuster throughout an insurance claim. You might put in a claim for an expensive television for example. If the reason for its cost is that it is a certain brand or a particularly high specification, your insurer might well want to see proof of this.
- If you have receipts for items, these can be very helpful to show the Loss Adjuster as it not only shows the true value of an item, but also the date when you made your purchase.
There are many more recommendations we would make according to the personal circumstances of individual claims. If you would like one of our independent claim experts to talk through your claim and answer any questions you have, please feel free to call us for free, no obligation advice.
How can we help?
- Single point of contact. As our client, you will never have to go through a call centre. You will have the direct contact details of your Morgan Clark Loss Assessor and their assistant.
- Resolve your claim as quickly as possible. With a coordinated team led by your Morgan Clark Loss Assessor, your claim will run smoothly and efficiently and you will receive the settlement you are owed.
- Significant reduction in stress. It is easy to underestimate the time and energy that goes into running a claim. Having an expert guide you through the process will reduce this stress and allow you to focus on your day to day life.
- What will my insurance company think if I appoint a Loss Assessor?
There is no reason why your insurance company or Loss Adjuster should discourage you from appointing your own Loss Assessor. If your Loss Adjuster is trying to dissuade you from using our services, you should question why they are against the idea of you being equally represented. After all, a Loss Assessor can only help a policyholder claim for what is legally within their insurance contract. Click here to read more about Loss Adjusters.
- Doesn’t my insurance company manage my claim?
While many insurance companies will support you in the initial weeks of your claim, their only responsibility is to ensure costs are covered to restore your property and replace damaged contents, stock, machinery etc. (if applicable). As your claim progresses, you will be left with the most stressful and time consuming day-to-day elements to organise and oversee alone if you do not appoint a Loss Assessor.
- What’s the difference between a Loss Assessor and a Loss Adjuster?
Loss Assessors and Loss Adjusters are both insurance claim professionals, but there is one key difference in their role during the insurance claim process; a Loss Assessor is appointed by and works exclusively for the policyholder, while a Loss Adjuster is appointed and paid by the insurance company. Loss Adjusters are expected to remain independent. Read more about the difference between Loss Assessors and Loss Adjusters here.
- How much will this cost?
In the majority of cases we are able to represent our clients without charging a fee at all. Read how we are able to offer our services free of charge by clicking here.
I can’t recommend Morgan Clark enough
I can’t recommend Morgan Clark enough . I was in total despair when my insurance company initially declined our genuine …
Excellent would recommend to anyone
After a serious flood Morgan Clark were recommended, we met Dan Norris who was the most wonderful , kind and helpful …
Expert advice which ensured our claim was settled legitimately and comprehensively
Very professional frist time I’ve clamed and did all the work for us
Exceptional service from start to finish
From start to completion Morgan Clark have been exceptional. They took away the stresses of dealing with insurers and with …
So helpful keeping good contacts when you needed
Very helpful kept us in touch all times easy to speak to Martin Chapman top man
Absolutely fab company
What an absolutely fabulous company, they took all the stress and hard work from us and sorted everything, what started …
Extremely professional and considerate
From the very onset of their involvement , Sunny and then Ryan Field took on our case and their handling of …
Your claim is in safe hands
As the industry leader, Morgan Clark sets the bar when it comes to standards. We are also proud to support a number of charities both in the UK and overseas.