Fire in three-bedroomed house - £16,000 claim
Miss Fisher’s brother, who has learning difficulties, was living alone in her three-bedroom semi-detached property in Preston. One evening while he was smoking in the bedroom, he accidentally set fire to the house.
The damage to the first floor was extensive, with the bedroom and bathroom gutted including a hole in the floor where the bath had melted. The rest of the house was substantially damaged by smoke.
Miss Fisher had no experience of making insurance claims and was nervous at the prospect. She had been profoundly shocked by the accident and was caring for her brother who had suffered serious smoke inhalation. When she was approached by Morgan Clark, she realised there was help available. After discussing her options with them, she decided to hand over the management of the claim.
Morgan Clark handled the entire claim and achieved a full settlement at just over £16,000. They also managed the re-instatement of the property. According to Miss Fisher, “Morgan Clark did everything for me. At first it all seemed too good to be true but it turned out that using them was the best thing I could have done.”
Miss Fisher is delighted with the work carried out and her brother, who has recovered fully from his injuries, is now safely back in the house: “it was a good end to a terrible experience”