Pub chip pan fire - BI and refitting claim
The Swan Public House was extensively damaged after a chip pan caught fire. The publican had never experienced destruction on this scale before and was aware of the value of using a loss assessor. So he called Morgan Clark who then took over the insurance claim on the business’s behalf.
The paperwork involved was extensive. Small print in the insurance policy meant the publican had to provide proof that he had maintained the equipment adequately. Morgan Clark was able to work with him to produce this: “It was a very stressful time and would have been more stressful had Morgan Clark not been involved.”
Morgan Clark’s expertise ensured that the claim included not only the costs for refitting and redecorating the pub, but also for business interruption. This covered the loss of trade while the pub was being restored plus the cost of sourcing food from an outside supplier.