Clear thinking can be difficult in a crisis situation. Therefore, we’ve prepared a basic list of some items that you might like to have on hand before and during a flood.
A basic emergency flood kit should include the following items:
- Emergency checklist and a list of important phone numbers
- Toolbox – with a variety of different items such as screwdrivers, spanners and allen keys
- Items to safeguard your property i.e. pallets to raise furniture, sandbags to prevent ingress of water etc.
- Small amount of cash
- Hand sanitiser
- Wind up mobile phone charger
- Wind up radio
- Fully charged laptop computer
- Torch with batteries/ wind up torch
- Wellington boots / waterproof clothing
- Rubber gloves
- Non perishable food / drinking water
- First aid kit
If you have any questions regarding a potential or ongoing flood insurance claim, please contact Morgan Clark today.