Feefo badge

Long holiday? Check your home insurance

If you’re going away on a long holiday, you should check the small print on your home insurance policy to make sure you are still covered. Some policies only offer existing cover on properties which are unoccupied for a maximum of 30 days, while others limit it to 60.

Research carried out by moneysupermarket.com also showed that having more expensive insurance cover doesn’t necessarily mean that you have longer cover. Policies vary widely and price is no indication that you will be covered for extended trips away from home.

Morgan Clark would recommend that, if you are going away for an extended period, you should contact your broker or your insurer to inform them of your plans. Only then will you be sure you’re covered.

Can we help you with your claim?

Find out in 60 seconds

Your claim is in safe hands

24/7 National Helpline

0197822864601978228646 Request a call back

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

Find out more here