Feefo badge

Holiday homes: are you covered?

With the holiday season approaching, many people with second homes will be welcoming holidaymakers into their properties. But they could be unwittingly flouting the law by not taking out appropriate insurance cover.

Holiday homeowners must have employers’ liability insurance to cover anyone working on or in their property. This could be a cleaner who goes in on changeover day, or a gardener who carries out maintenance: in short, anyone who is working under the owner’s guidance.

Public liability insurance is not a legal requirement for holiday homeowners. However the cost of not having this cover as well could lead to hefty bills if a guest is injured while staying in the property.

The advice from Morgan Clark is to talk to your insurer or broker to ensure you are fully covered if you are letting out your holiday home.

Can we help you with your claim?

Find out in 60 seconds

Your claim is in safe hands

24/7 National Helpline

0197822864601978228646 Request a call back

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

Find out more here