Feefo badge

Electrical Fire Safety

The first ever Electrical Fire Safety Week highlighted the dangers of overloaded sockets and overheated appliances. With over 60 per cent of all accidental house fires caused by electrical equipment, the campaign outlined the steps individuals can take to protect themselves and their families.

Electrical appliances are a fixture of modern life. But it’s a sobering fact that, in 2007, accidental electrical fires in the home resulted in 40 deaths and almost 4,000 injuries. The advice from the Government is to follow a few simple steps:

• Don’t overload plug sockets.
• Regularly check for worn or frayed wires.
• Unplug appliances when not in use.
• Keep appliances clean and in good working order.

It seems that the majority of electrical fires start in the kitchen, so this is an area which needs particular attention.

Morgan Clark has worked with a large number of householders whose homes have been devastated by fire. You can read about their experiences by visiting our domestic fire insurance claims page.

Can we help you with your claim?

Find out in 60 seconds

Your claim is in safe hands

24/7 National Helpline

0197822864601978228646 Request a call back

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

Find out more here