Are you covered for working from home?

Published July 28, 2011

Read time 1 mins

Find in this article:

The economic down-turn has encouraged a growing number of people to start their own businesses, and many of these are set up in their own home. But all too often they don’t appreciate the effect this has on their standard home policy and are ignoring the need to take out specific business insurance.

The Insurance Blogger has highlighted the areas which should be considered by home workers. These include:

  • Home insurance policies often limit the cover for IT or business equipment, which may mean that vital items are not covered if they are stolen or suffer accidental damage.
  • Public liability cover is needed to protect customers or visitors against the risks of injury when they come to your home.
  • Check if your car insurance is limited to social and domestic use: your vehicle insurer needs to know if you are using your car to visit clients or customers.
  • You need cover for stock or materials stored at home.
  • If you are a professional belonging to a regulated body, you may be required to have professional indemnity cover.

The best advice is to talk to an insurance broker to find out the best policy for your business.

Related Posts

March 2018

Morgan Clark is named as Finalist at the Insurance Post Claims Awards 2018

Morgan Clark is delighted to announce that we have been named as a finalist in the Insurance Post Claims Awards 2018. Morgan Clark is among four companies in the Loss Adjuster/ Loss Assessor of the Year category, which includes Crawford & Company, Davies Group and QuestGates. Returning for their 8th year, the Claims Awards 2018...

Read More

June 2016

The EU referendum and insurance

So referendum day has arrived: this Thursday the country decides whether we stay in the EU or leave. The arguments have been played out in front of us but most of us probably made up our minds which way we would vote some time ago. We may all be getting rather fed up with the...

Read More

March 2012

Small firms need business continuity plans

Small firms are falling behind when it comes to drawing up business continuity plans. As a result, they are more likely to fail should disaster strike.

Read More

We are authorised & regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)

This means our clients are protected. You can trust the professionals managing your claim as we are regulated to the FCA’s strict standards and codes of conduct.

Authorised & Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority

Reference Number 309575

We will help you get back into your property as quickly as possible, ensuring you receive the full settlement you're entitled to

24/7 support

Send Enquiry

Your claim is in safe hands