Call us on 03334142749
Call free on 01978228646
(Mobile alternate: 03334142749) Lines open 7 days, 8am-8pm.

Loss adjusters and loss assessors – who’s who?

Post by Tony Clark
October 11, 2010

You face a lot of confusion if you’ve suffered a disaster in your home and need to make an insurance claim. One area which is difficult to fathom is who does what and why – and in particular what is the difference between a loss adjuster and a loss assessor. Here’s a simple explanation to help you:

A loss adjuster is employed by the insurance company to investigate your claim and offer you a settlement figure. While they will be fair, their aim is to settle your claim as economically as possible. They will not give you advice, nor will they compile your claim for you. And as there are so many grey areas in an insurance claim, they will always tend to keep to the lower end of the settlement scale.

A loss assessor is employed by you, the policyholder to compile your claim and represent your best interests. They are experienced professional claims handlers who will do everything on your behalf at this stressful time, will provide the advice you need, and will compile your claim, leaving you to focus on getting your life back on track.

A loss assessor will organise emergency works to safeguard your property, will find temporary accommodation for your family, and will deal with your insurer and their loss adjuster. In short, they will work on your behalf until your claim is settled in the right way for you, giving you valuable support and advice every step of the way.

To find out more about how a loss assessor can help, contact Morgan Clark now.

Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedInEmail this to someone

This entry was posted in Home Insurance

Back to the blog archive

Request a call back

Please leave this field empty.